T30647 / 2830.02
WELS 5 Star Rating / 5.5 litres per minute
- DISMANTLING YOUR OLD TAPWARE
- Turn off water at mains.
- Remove the sink/basin spout by undoing the brass or plastic spout fixing nut under your basin, then rotate and pull the spout up.
- Remove all items on top of your sink/basin (hot and cold buttons, handles, bonnets with spindles, jumper valves and any other fixtures but not the actual tap
bodies or water pipes).
INSTALLING THE NEW EZYFIX TAPS
- First disassemble new EZYFIX taps by undoing the discreet locknut underneath the handle with EZYFIX anti-vandal spanner included.
- Remove handle, o-ring, circlip, discreet locknut and all other components placing them down in the order removed to make reassembly easier later on.
- Remove the tap dress flange and then the locking nut. This bit is REALLY important.
- You should now be left with the cartridge assembly only.
- Check the cartridge assembly against the old spindle for the correct length. Use the spindle extension to make up the difference if necessary.
- Fit the new assembly and extension as shown in the diagram.
- Screw the cartridge assembly into the tap body by hand until it screws up against the seat. Then use a spanner to turn it until firmly secured.
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE CARTRIDGE
- Fit the red fibre washer over the cartridge against the face of the tap body. Screw the locking nut on the cartridge assembly until it is firm against the body
using a spanner to ensure the locking nut is firmly secured.
- Screw the tap flange onto the locking nut.
- Re-install all the handle components in the reverse order of the disassemble process.
- Re-tighten the discreet locknut underneath the handle.
THE NEW EZYFIX SPOUT ASSEMBLY
- Look at the thread on the end of the old spout neck: pick your new nipple where the long thread is identical, and screw it onto the end of the new spout neck, using thread tape included to make a waterproof seal.
- Push the new spout assembly onto the existing nipple, using a small amount of soapy water or cooking oil for lubrication. Finally, tighten the new spout assembly to the sink/basin using the brass or plastic spout fixing nut.
- Turn taps off and turn the water back on at the mains.