T30649 / 2840.02
WELS 3 Star Rating / 8 Litres per minute
- DISMANTLING YOUR OLD TAPWARE
- Turn off water at mains.
- Remove the sink spout by unscrewing it.
- Remove all items from your wall (hot and cold buttons, handles, bonnets with spindles, jumper valves and any other fixtures but not the actual tap
bodies or water pipes).
- If the tap bodies are recessed too deeply into the wall you may need an tough tube spanner kit.
INSTALLING THE NEW TAPS
- First disassemble new taps by undoing the discreet locknut underneath the handle with anti-vandal spanner included.
- Remove handle, o-ring, circlip, discreet locknut and all other components placing them down in the order removed to make reassembly easier later on.
- Remove the tap dress flange and then the locking nut. This bit is REALLY important.
- You should now be left with the cartridge assembly only.
- Fit the new assembly and extension as shown in the diagram.
- Screw the cartridge assembly into the tap body by hand until it screws up against the seat. Then use a spanner to turn it until firmly secured.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE CARTRIDGE
- Fit the red fiber washer over the cartridge against the face of the tap body. Screw the locking nut on the cartridge assembly until it is firm against the body
using a spanner to ensure the locking nut is firmly secured.
- Screw the tap flange onto the locking nut.
- Re-install all the handle components in the reverse order of the disassemble process.
- Re-tighten the discreet locknut underneath the handle.
THE NEW SPOUT ASSEMBLY
- Apply teflon tape to the exposed thread left behind by your old spout.
- Wind on your new Modern Lever Kitchen hob spout
- Turn taps off and turn the water back on at the mains.